The Northwest Tennessee Local Food Network is HIRING! We have two openings for the following paid internship position to start this May – Marketing & Communications, and starting this August 2023- Local Food Procurement.
Summer – Marketing and Communications Internship has been filled.
Fall – Local Food Procurement Internship
Intern Job Description
The Northwest Tennessee Local Food Network Local Food Procurement Intern, starts August 2023 – December 2023, and will serve in this capacity to complete at least 135 hours of service. The intern will receive a $500 stipend upon completion of this internship. This is a grant funded position paid for through the USDA Farm to School Implementation Grant.
Purpose of Internship
This position will foster a deeper understanding of how local food systems work, hone the following skill sets: organizing, research, & writing skills, team building, and project management. The intern will report to the LFN Executive Director while supporting the following programs and initiatives within the following areas:
- Harvest of the Month: Share HOTM Calendar with Farmers to start connecting their products with local schools, early childcare centers and hunger relief organizations
- Local Food Procurement Education & Access: Continual – support virtual local food procurement training and sourcing opportunities related to #FarmtoSchool activities, promote the Local Food Procurement Manual Publication, connect schools with local foods
- Encouraging increased consumption of local grown foods through promotional activities, taste tests, and other activities featuring local products in collaboration with the Harvest of the Month Program, School Nutrition Programs and local farms.
- Press Releases: draft press releases and support monthly e-newsletter content creation
- Nourishing Connection: support Fall Nourishing Connection Grow Kit assemblies and distribution
- General program support: responsibilities may include administrative tasks, survey dissemination, assisting with general organizational operations, and attending Local Food Network team, Board meetings and tabling events.
Qualifications of Applicant:
- Remote capable – have access to the internet from your place of residence
- Self-Motivated, Detail oriented, organized, dependable
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Programs, Google Drive, and WordPress
- Interest in and dedication to promoting local food and agriculture
STEPS TO APPLY FOR INTERNSHIP POSITIONS
This position is open until filled.
Send a cover letter and your resume to Samantha Goyret, Executive Director, Northwest Tennessee Local Food Network at nwtnfoodguide at gmail.com.
Applications are due by Tuesday, August 8, 2023.
Interviews conducted the second week of August.
Internship positions begins on Monday, August 14, 2023 through December 15, 2023.
The Northwest Tennessee Local Food Network serves as a catalyst for a thriving and equitable local food system that is accessible to ALL.
The Northwest Tennessee Local Food Network does not discriminate against any qualified applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, physical or mental disability.