Northwest Tennessee Local Food Network
Director of Finance and Administration
The Director of Finance and Administration will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the Executive Director (ED). The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop a supportive documentation in the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, and grant administration.
The position is part-time, remote capable, 3-hours a week, paid for through a two-year USDA Farm to School Implementation Grant. The position will earn up to $3,600/year with fringe benefits.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes; and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system using Quickbooks online account.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; develop a finance department overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the Board of Directors.
Human Resources, Technology and Grant Administration
- Further develop Northwest Tennessee Local Food Network’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, and performance evaluation.
- Work closely and transparently with all funders, external partners and consultants.
- Complete financial reporting requirement of grant funders.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Minimum of a BA, ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen human resources function previously
- Grants management experience
- Knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of the Northwest Tennessee Local Food Network
Email your CV to Samantha Goyret, Executive Director, nwtnfoodguide at gmail.com by Wednesday, August 24, 2022.
The Northwest Tennessee Local Food Network is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization and an equal opportunity employer.